With Shopify you can easily build your professional online store and start selling any of your merchandise goods, i.e. electronics, clothing, fragrance, perfumes, books, DIY products etc. You can basically setup your own online shop that accepts all EFT brands.
Shopify the following advantages when setting up online store with them;
- It”s the largest eCommerce platform, with more than 100,000 international retailers
- Once your online store is build, the platform technology enable you to sell both online and offline with ease
- You can create your own domain name, e.g. www. yourownshoppinghub.com
- You can sell gifts and coupons
- Unlike other platforms, it enables you to write posts/pages, similar to WordPress site
- You can easily process payments, no need for additional plugins
- You can process in – store purchases with Shopify POS
- You can also process purchases using your smartphone
- You have 24/7 Shopify support at your finger tips
- It provides built – in Search Engine Optimization
- It has infrastructure that keeps your customer information highly secured
- It continuously add new features based on Shopify customers needs
Although it’s the largest eCommerce network, but it has its own challenges like all other platforms, the following are notable disadvantages;
- It’s not free at all,
- It competes with Bigcommerce networks, an all – in – one eCommerce solution
- It’s suitable for startups and small business entities
- It requires a little bit of web development know – how
- Does not have basic training on how to start an online business
- Does not have site comment feature
Nonetheless, the platform is more suitable for those who want to start own small eCommerce site and grow to fully fledged online store, similar to Amazon, Walmart etc. If you want to run and win a gold medal in Olympic Games, you first need to compete and win in your local athletic games competition.
However, if you want to learn how to sell your own products online, Shopify platform is your starter-kit. Once you have acquired some basic skills of starting an online store, you can then move on to Bigcommerce network.